So I figured I’d join in with the Vinyl Tag, mainly because I wanted to make a record collection post but thought (although I don’t have many), it would be too long. But also, because vinyls are awesome, and it’d be fun (if you collect records) to join in on the tag so we can appreciate them together. I wasn’t tagged but I was inspired by Ariana Niki’s video
2. What kind of record player do you have? Audio Technica AT-LP60 in white
3. How old were you when you started collecting records? I’ve actually only been collecting since last Christmas, so 21
4. What is the oldest record you own? Dr Hook – Bankrupt, this was one of my dad’s records and is the oldest by one year
5. What is the first record you ever got? The Color Morale – Hold On Pain Ends. I wanted to start collecting records and saw it going for cheap on eBay so I decided to buy it. I had this one record for about two-three years before getting a record player or anymore records
6. What is the first record you got with your own money? Same as above. The second was a signed Enter Shikari – Juggernauts single
7. What is your favourite coloured vinyl? The Color Morale again as it’s currently the only splatter vinyl I own, or Halsey – Badlands. It’s a pretty blue with beautiful album artwork.
8. What is a discount album you own? I bought a few vinyls from a coffee shop and he gave me awesome prices including Meatloaf – Bat Out Of Hell for £5. A must have for any vinyl collection.
9. What is your prized possession? I don’t really have one vinyl that is very special to me yet, I’d either say TCM again because of it’s colour or any of the old pressings as they’re not as easy to replace.
10. A record by a female artist: Cher – Heart Of Stone
11. A record by your favourite band: Bury Tomorrow – Earthbound
12. An impulse buy: The majority of my records are from impulse buys, but I bought Bring Me The Horizon’s Suicide Season & There Is A Hell recently after coming across them on eBay, both from the same seller. I needed them in my collection and kept a watchful eye on the auction until they were both mine.
13. A gift: My record player itself was a gift, but dad also donated The Very Best of Elton John to my collection.
14. Most played record: The Essential Elvis Presley
15. A rarity: I don’t think it’s that rare but Parkway Drive – IRE on clear, etched vinyl is probably the rarest I own at the moment.
16. A rainy day record: Fleetwood Mac – Greatest Hits. To get me in a motivated, upbeat mood
17. A feel good album: The Best of Bob Marley and The Wailers – Legend
18. A nostalgic record: Stevie Wonder – Songs In The Key Of Life. Dad had this album on CD and I used to play it quite a lot. It turns out he had it on vinyl too and also gifted it to me.
19. A RSD (Record Store Day) purchase: Michael Jackson – Thriller. I love record store days
20. A recent purchase: The Amity Affliction – This Could Be Heartbreak
My music taste is quite different when it comes to vinyls. I prefer the vintage pressings, with the raw, crackly sounds. I also prefer the older artists that remind me of my dad’s music taste when I was growing up. I really want to get The Best of Michael Jackson and The Jackson 5, or some Sex Pistols next. Either way, I can’t wait to get more.
I hope you enjoyed hearing about my record collection.
Please leave a comment answering: Whats an album that reminds you of your childhood?
If you do this tag also, please leave a link in the comments so I can check out your post! April.