There is less than a month left to go before Slam Dunk festival begins, and if you haven’t decided if you want to go or not yet, here are 30 reasons why you should. South is sadly sold out, but you can still get tickets for the North and Midlands dates, so get them quick and come party. Let’s face it, what else are you going to do?
1. The music is very varied so you’re bound to find something you’ll like
2. Enter Shikari are headlining
3. & It’s the 10 year celebration for Take To The Skies
4. All the festival fun without the gross camping & mud
5. I Prevail
6. Meeting band members
7. Bands, burgers and beers
8. Deaf Havana will likely play ‘I’m A Bore, Mostly’
9. Bigger venues mean bigger shows (Birmingham)
10. You’ll get a cool festival wristband – that you can never take off
11. You have all day to build up the courage to crowd surf
12. It’s a day off work
13. You can check out new bands
14. Crossfaith’s set will blow your mind
15. Jenna McDougall will be there
16. Band merch stalls
17. Relive your emo days when CIWWAF play The Curse of Curves
18. Tickets are less than £50!
19. Zebrahead are there, again
20. It’s not too big (for lovers of intimate shows)
21. Beartooth kill it live
22. You can see an average of 10 bands in one day
23. Support upcoming bands
24. Watch bands outside
25. Ice Nine Kills & Too Close To Touch
26. 8 different stages
27. A whole 10 hours of music
28. Casey have been added to the line up
29. You can take your DSLR
30. Bury Tomorrow as special guests!
Are you going to Slam Dunk this year? Is it your first time?
Leave a comment below, including the bands you’re most looking forward to seeing.
I’m heading to the midlands one and whenever I got to a festival or concert, I like to listen to the bands playing on the way to get me in the mood. I’ve created a playlist based on selected bands playing this years lineup, which you can check out below. Thanks for reading, happy listening and see you in the pits, April.