Recently my sister asked me for some ideas for what to get me for Christmas and I realised that most of the things were band related, so I decided to put together some inspiration for buying presents for music lovers, hope it helps.
1. Tickets – possibly quite an obvious idea but one that would be very appreciated I’m sure. I think that giving someone an experience and the opportunity to create amazing memories makes a great present. Whether it’s to a local gig, to see the band they’ve been dreaming of seeing, or even festival tickets. There are so many fantastic bands touring at the moment and at the start of next year so see what is available to you.
2. T-shirt – If the person you’re buying for wears band merchandise then this is a great idea. There are so many to choose from normally ranging around £20 depending on the band, and there are definitely quite a few added to my Christmas list this year.
3. Beanie – A beanie makes an awesome Christmas present as it’s perfect for the cold weather, but one for their favourite band is even better. I really like this one from horizonsupply.co and the rest of the collection are pretty amazing too.
4. Hoodie – Again a hoodie is perfect for the winter, imaging opening a band hoodie on a cold Christmas morning and snuggling up in it straight away, perfect. And this A Day To Remember one is just beautiful.
5. Cds/Vinyls – Another quite obvious idea, but buying lots of CDs can add up to be quite expensive now-a-days, so receiving the ones you wanted as presents is pretty rad. There have been some awesome releases this year including The Weird and Wonderful from Marmozets and Slipknot’s The Gray Chapter. If the person you’re gifting collects/listens to vinyls, why not get them one? This BMTH vinyl collection that has just been released for pre-order looks incredible but is sadly too expensive for me to treat myself with.
6. Mug – Mug’s can be quite a basic present but everyone enjoys them, especially a fun, quirky mug with something you enjoy on. There are a massive variety available with all kinds of band logos on, but I think that this amp mug is pretty rad.
7. Guitar Lighter – There are also quite a lot of available designs for these online, I found this one on ebay for pretty cheap. Great as a secret santa present, stocking filler or for the smoking, guitar player you know. Or you could even just give it to someone as a display item.
8. Drumstick Pencils – I personally think these are pretty funky and again great for secret santa or a stocking filler. They’re pretty unique and something different from the usual presents.
9. Vans – Although they’re not particularly band/music related Vans can make a great present, probably not for your dad but perhaps for the younger generation. Practically everyone wears them at a gig and it’s because they’re just so damn comfy.
Thanks for reading, I hope this helped. April